[jhb_airlines] Re: Which Field?

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:17 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

>  Good job they don't apply the same rule to every
> airport otherwise few would be left operational.
I came close to being very worried last night.  I was driving home from
Peterborough and was on the
link road which goes from the M1 to the A50 underneath the approach path to
East Midlands 27, and
very close to it.  The approach lighting stands are on both sides of the road.
I could clearly see
an aircraft landing in the dark.  It looked like a Thomsonfly jobbie - his
underwing lights showing
the distinctive blue on the engine nacelle, although I didn't see the tail art.
 I thought it was a
bit low on approach as i watched it, to the point of getting twitchy.  I was
crawling along in a
traffic queue, and it crossed the road no more than 50 feet up, I'll swear.

Isn't that near Kegworth, where there was a crash on take off from 09 some
years ago?