[jhb_airlines] Re: Which Field?

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:17 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I've just had a chat on the phone with Mark Silcock, organiser of the
Birminghham show ("where's my
ticket?" type conversation), but he's a talkative soul, and we chatted for some
time.  His view is
that MS launched FSX at least 6 months too early, but they aren't worried about
the number of
packages sold and thrown away as unworkable, only about the number of packages
sold.  He also
believes that the market is right for some enterprising soul with a wad of
capital to launch a new
sim, with good flight models and aircraft by taking all the worlds addon
developers into the
equation, rather than ignoring them as MS have done for 24 years.  However, he
doesn't see it being
X-Plane, possibly because Austin Meyer isn't interested in going really big. He
also reckons we will
see an Xbox 360 launch of FSX before long, a point with which I concur.