[jhb_airlines] Re: Which Field?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:18:26 +0000

Not sure about the Default Breighten, I didn't visit it until after I instaled the atempts at making UK2000 fields less incompatible.

It's one that, though rubish really, is probably useable.

It's strange to have this really tremendous VFR countryside but hardly any decent airfields. Amazing how standards have changed, from the early days. FS5 and the presence of any airfield buildings was a pleasant surprise. Visit Ronaldsway Default field and one feels affronted to be faced with it. I suppose it's the penalty for ditching a system that had probably reached the limits of its potential and turning to a clean shet of paper.

Strange choice.

"Breighton. Thor missile site until 1963. Operational using grass, although
a lot of the original runways and taxiways are extant but in poor
condition."

Has FSX got the above correct and drawn in the tatty runways?