[jhb_airlines] Re: Where Can I Go Next?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:51:22 +0100

It's amazing how LCD prices have dropped, making the triple headed approach a bit more within reach, by the week.

What I'm not sure about is the scope of what you see. Bones' Tracker allows him to look towards the runway, on base leg; an obvious advantage. The triple doodah review seems to suggest that it allows a greater width of forward view to be obtained. In one shot it indicates a base leg shot of the runway but I don't think that's the same as the Tracker produces. The review also mentions a 3800 x 1024 setup, whereas the most I can now get, from my Nvidia 6800GT is 1280 x 1024. But I can stretch the picture, manually. And I can access three screens in line, by courtesy of Windows XP. So, can I get a picture spreading across three screens, with my present setup? The results suggest I can't. Firstly stretching the FS9 frame, horizontally results in a wider frame but with the originally sized view sitting within it. Worse, stretching one view onto two screens slows the PC down to unacceptable levels. I guess that's why they developed the triple gizmo.
Why can't life be simpler?

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Of course I have to say that really flash users would buy both. A three
monitor setup with TrackIR would be really the bee's knees.

Wellll, If I get rid of my laptop, I will have room for three screens (currently 1*18 LCD and 1*17 LCD and laptop spread across the desk.

I think Mummy Christmas will still put a spanner in the works. Says I spend too much now, the last spend was the 18 LCD, £75.00 at the computor fair.

Frank