[jhb_airlines] What Goes Around Comes Around

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:26:57 +0100

I won't bore you with more tails of increased blurries but I'd got to the stage where UK VFR flying was becoming impossible. Whilst doing a Google search for purveyors of FSX, it threw up a link to a blurries thread, on the Visual Flight Forum. Low and behold the problem turns out to be widespread and little understood. Much of the technical side was way above my head, being concerned with the numbers of mip maps used, by designers. Amidst all this was an offering, so simple it couldn't be ignored. One contributor had obtained relief by locking framerates at 60fps max, on the basis that LCD screens can't benefit by anything higher.
I tried it and, on my system, it's made an enormous difference. So, if you're troubled by non alcoholic blurred vision, try ignoring the solution that emerged from our VFR GM Beta testing, which produced minimum blurring if FPS were left unlocked, and try locking at 60. I guess when we did the original testing, it was in the complete absence of AutoGen scenery. Now my own setup has just about all the AG available.