[jhb_airlines] Weird FPI Reaction

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:57:42 +0100

On an FPI flight to the USA, tonight, it was a pleasant surprise when a USA controller poppeed up, for my approach to Jacksonville. Very efficient and pleasant, though no conversational frills.
Having landed and switched transponder to standby, I heared another flight, about one hour out. Now, in our sessions, like a few others, I deliberately hanf around, whenever possible, so that the place doesn't look deserted, when other flights arrive. This mustn't be the norm in the States. After about thirty minutes I was asked whether I intended flying again. When I said I was just awaiting the arrival of the next flight, I was very politely asked whether I would mind either relocating to another field, or disconnect from the system.....
How would he cope at Heathrow, since I was the only aircraft on the ground and the only other customer still has 200 miles to run.

That was after my arrival had been greeted with "welcome to our friendly skies"; ugh!

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx