[jhb_airlines] Re: Weights Panel

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:54:20 -0000

Many thanks; a great gauge.
I've tried it in the F100 and it picked up the correct data. When used in the
F100, it can
be dragged, then stretched, to fill the Engine Data display, when the ikon is
pressed. If
you save an aircraft, as I tend to do when I have moved popups around, then it
will
reload with the panel in the chosen position. In my case, I save as, eg,
AC...F100. I also
choose to save at a non VFRGM location, to speed the load proceedure.
 Using the Undock Window option, to move a windowed panel to my lower,
instrument
panel, monitor, can produce less than attractive results. The window is
accompanied by
the blue FS frame. At times it also may have a large black, unused, section of
.bmp. In
the case of your panel it's not a problem, since it can be used as a gauge, in
its own
right. Simply add a line to the bottom of the 2D section of Panel.cfg, similar
gauge69=bones!AC-weight, 495,590,170,120, gauge number will have to follow on
from
the last in the list and the first pair of values modified, to suit where you
wish it to
appear. For anyone who hasn't fiddled withe gauge placings, the first value
moves the
gauge right, if increased, the second down, if increased.
 Another gauge that neatly complements your new one, and which I often
incorporate in
panels, is    CPT.RKG_Fuelstat!FuelStatusSq_turbine. I can't recall which a/c
it came
from but suspect I looked for something like it, on the two download sites.
Another, neatly complementing that one, is a small red button that, when
pressed,
progressively tops up your fuel tanks. It's   REFILL!REFILL
 I used to feel guilty about adding to designers' panels but, in real life, it
tends to
happen, if fancy takes and finance permits!

Gerry Winskill

gwinsk@xxxxxxx