[jhb_airlines] Weights Panel

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:43:34 -0000

I spent one day getting the data to work and a second day trying to sort =
out
the formatting. Reverse Polish Notation isn't my cup of tea at all!

Anyway the result can be seen at =
http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/XML.htm

Excuse the slow loading of the graphics but they are BMP files. The =
colours
got completely washed out if I saved them as JPG's.

The data is contained in the file called AC_weight.xml in the bones.cab
file. You can open this xml file in Notepad and see how each line works. =
If
you feel adventurous you can swap the values for any other FS variable =
you
like. The XMLGAU01.zip by Arne Bartels lists a lot of these but he =
hasn't
got them all. Just be careful with syntax as XML is very fussy. If you =
get
it wrong all that will happen is that the panel and the icon won't show =
up -
so keep a note of what you change.

Three times out of four you can copy the new cab to FS and just reload =
the
aircraft to see the changes. After a while though FS gets stuffy about =
the
changes and either hangs or displays the original and you will have to
restart it. I put the gauge on two aircraft and kept swapping between =
them
with each rebuild but even this didn't last forever.

To recompile the CAB you would need a utility like vcab101.zip. Just put =
all
the cab file in a separate folder and then tell Vcab to compile that =
folder
(not the individual files). Save as bones.cab again.

Was this a JHB or MP thread originally? If the latter I'll repost to =
that
list..

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net