[jhb_airlines] Re: Wednesday

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:24:48 EDT

In a message dated 26/10/2006 03:39:03 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

The  pilots who took part during the evening were:

1000116 Paul  Reynolds
1000118 Gerry Winskill
1000122 Tom Smith
1000126 Alastair  McIntyre
1000123 Frank Turley
1000180 Ernie Laycock
1000113 Mike  Brook

Erm, not sure that I qualify.........

I planned to fly VFR from EGTK to EGBB to test the new set up. I first
logged into EGBB_APP and did a radio check, which failed. I then logged into
EGTT_CTR with Bones and Gerry. On the channel display, when I spoke my T
indicator
came up, and I saw both Bones and Gerry's boxes turn yellow. However,  pure
silence prevailed. I looked for a means to transmit text, but that facility
doesn't seem to appear any more. At that point I decided to quit and consult
this channel today.

While writing this I've just gone into the sound module setup and spotted
the default settings on both channels are set to mute! I'll try to test the
unmuted setting before next week.

Frank T.