[jhb_airlines] Re: Wednesday

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:01:24 +0100

Actually Bones, John had both Gerry and I inbound to Glasgow on the same
track, me in my Dash-8 and Gerry in his Fokker F100 running at twice the
speed.  We were getting close to the airport and would be very close on
arrival so I elected to do a hold at Talla and allow Gerry to go direct
ahead of me.  I did this deliberately to practice the hold as well as to
resolve the conflict for John and (later) Frank who jumped on to Glasgow to
see us in.

As for the general context of the message, I'm more than happy to be told
I've cocked up. I occassionally get sloppy and if I were flying a real plane
that could cost lives.  OK it's not that serious here and I can walk away
and laugh about it but  I always feel a prat for cocking up.  I know I'm one
of those people who gets lazy when things become familiar which is why I
never claim to be a good driver.  I know I make mistakes but I always try to
take the time to learn from them.  That's why I like simming, there's a
familiarity about it but always more to learn and no two flight are ever the
same, even if I'm familiar with the route.

So, for me, be as bolshy as you feel necessary, you'll get no complaints
this end.