[jhb_airlines] Re: Wednesday

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:51:37 +0100

Hi Frank,
Certainly not!
I was referring to those VAs and VATCs who seem to wish to promote themselves as something quite grand and high powered. It's not exclusive to FSim related hobbies. When a member of the Jaguar Owners' Club, I was equally repelled by the fact that, unlike most clubs, they couldn't settle for a simple committee, it had to be a board. That allowed the chairman to bandy such expressions as "your board has decided", or "My fellow directors". Even the golf club to which I belonged now has board members and a Council, complete with executive committee and strategic planning committee, etc.
We don't have this in our house. SWMBO is also CEO and that's about it.

Gerry Winskill; peasant (unpaid).

franklyn fisher wrote:

My last, personal, and probably selfish, request, is please avoid the
Walter Mitty syndrome.

Hopefully Gerry, I did not give you that impression last night.

If there is any fault that you or anyone else find with my rendition of controlling, please let me know, critisism is the only way to learn and improve.