[jhb_airlines] Re: Wednesday

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:41:38 +0100

One other point I should like to raise is that with no promotion system and
hours records in Pilot Club any more all pilots and controllers are
rankless. No students, no trainees, no indication of controller quality. If
we are serious about setting up an ATC system in the UK we may very well
need to consider our own grading system so that pilots know what quality
they are working with. This could be added to the Comments box when logging
in.

Somehow I've retained my Real ATC rating in ServInfo but otherwise it seems
to show none of the old grades. Maybe this is a good thing as C1, C2 and C3
were a little meaningless to most users. Whatever we decide to use we
require unambiguous titles - trainee, controller, supervisor maybe and have
a grading or training system to qualify for each. However that's a long term
project and should be part of UK ATC if this is going to go ahead.