[jhb_airlines] Re: Wednesday

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:35:40 +0100

Thanks Phil.

I have just posted the following message to the forum:

"We hope to provide regular ATC coverage for the UK every Wednesday night on
Pilot Club and will notify the session details in this forum..

Tonight (25th October) UK ATC will be manning the following units:

London Centre
Birmingham Approach
Heathrow Approach
Stansted Approach

Controllers will be available from 1930 (1830 UTC) onwards.

As this will be the first organised session it will be an ideal opportunity
for users to test if their voice and traffic are working properly. Because
there may be a few new users to the system the evening will be more relaxed
than normal and experienced users will try to help anyone new to the system.

We look forward to seeing you."

Dave - your previous role as UK Events co-ordinator was extremely
appreciated, as was your ATC presence. May I ask if you are free to join in
events in the UK with Pilot Club?

Controllers.
To have any clear idea as to the ability to provide ATC for the UK with
Pilot Club we need to know just how many active controllers we have at hand.
This is essential for arranging Wednesday nights and, for the moment, it is
separate to the issue of creating a UK ATC system.

May I therefore ask anyone who is willing to take part in UK ATC operations
to put their names down here so we know what the core membership is likely
to be. Going from memory we used to have the following:

Bones
Phil Reynolds
John Hill
Alex
Frank F
Dave Nicholls
Kevin T

Apologies if I missed anyone out. Is everyone up for the same in Pilot Club?