[jhb_airlines] Re: Wednesday

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 03:01:21 +0100

Now that Pilot Club is officially operational they face exactly the same
situation we had with FPI - attracting pilots and controllers. The problem
is worse though because Pilot Club have no intention of running it as an ATC
operation - they are just giving us all a server to play with.

If we want to play at controllers and pilots then it will be up to us to
provide the services and the rules by which these operate. In truth we
cannot enforce these rules as we have no right to - but if we are good
enough we should be able to establish a service which is recognised as good
and one that users will respect and abide by. Quality of service and
reputation is what will be needed over the next few months.

New pilots will be attracted to stay if they get a good ATC service. If they
think ATC is rubbish we'll never see them again. It's not just a matter of
bums on seats - it has to be good bums on good seats. Quality here is more
important than quantity.