[jhb_airlines] Re: Waiting......

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:12:53 -0000

Frank

I am given to understand, that FSX can be used on the FSHost servers V3.1

Not tested by me, but have looked at the FSHost site recently.

So should be no problem running FSX online sessions.

As for the rest, I expect Grant and Stephan are just as frustrated.

As for the Horizon software, as I do not confine myself to VFR UK, it to me ,
would be a waste of money.

And yes, an update to the PCF AI aircraft is way overdue.

Have just bought, and am testing  FSCommander, not as versitile as FSNav,
requires a big chuck of free mem, and in my case, does not release it when shut
down.
Also needs AIBridge to see MP aircraft, whereas with FSNav, you just log in.
Still finding out its quirks, almost certainly needs to be run across a lan, to
release the flight machine.

As for Vista, I cannot see that it will do for me, that WinXP already does.
Will it be worth paying out over £150:00, just to be with it. I do have a 64
bit machine, and it runs my 32 bit software very nicely thank you.

And yes I have FSX, still sitting on the shelf in its wrapper, something to
play around with in the new year.

As I am still recovering from a major HD crash, and currently using an old boot
drive, abeit small capacity, a new larger drive is the next priority.