[jhb_airlines] Re: Waiting......

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:25:06 +0000

Open office ;)

I changed over about 6 months ago and its amazing, saves in everything, opens everything and none of this backward compatibility crap - it just works!
Does everything M$ would expect you to pay £1800+ for and its free.... plus its constantly updated.

Open Source really is brilliant, Its just a shame that companies won't adopt it!

All the best,

Alex

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 15/12/2006 19:06:48 GMT Standard Time, mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Frank

Being a pessimist means you're never disappointed ... ;-0

I try not to be cynical too ... but I find it virtually impossible with
M$.  I have come to deplore their business model and practices, and most
of their software.  Apart from my interest in FS, I try to avoid
anything to do with them or their products.

Mike L
Hi Mike,

I'm afraid that I have come to accept that Microsoft are the dominant force in the software world, and like it or not, we have to live with that.

I am old enought to remember the joys of Visicalc, Lotus 1-2-3, WordStar, and WordPerfect, but now Microsoft Office has become the de facto standard in the commercial world, and we just have to get on with it I'm afraid. It does have certain benefits, for example standardisation gets a lot easier, and you don't have to be retrained in yet another different package as you pass through life.

If you were in my profession I'm afraid you'd not last long without Excel.

Frank T.