[jhb_airlines] Re: Waiting......

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:21:53 EST

mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Frank

Being a pessimist means you're never disappointed ...  ;-0

I try not to be cynical too ... but I find it virtually impossible  with
M$.  I have come to deplore their business model and practices,  and most
of their software.  Apart from my interest in FS, I try to  avoid
anything to do with them or their products.

Mike  L

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid that I have come to accept that Microsoft are the dominant force
in the software world, and like it or not, we have to live with that.

I am old enought to remember the joys of Visicalc, Lotus 1-2-3, WordStar,
and WordPerfect, but now Microsoft Office has become the de facto standard in
the commercial world, and we just have to get on with it I'm afraid. It does
have certain benefits, for example standardisation gets a lot easier, and you
don't have to be retrained in yet another different package as you pass
through  life.

If you were in my profession I'm afraid you'd not last long without  Excel.

Frank T.