[jhb_airlines] Re: Visibility at altitude

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:23:52 +0000

I get that too. More worrying is the effect that some of the VFR ADDONS Autogen trees seem to be having. Often, shortly after moving into one of the AG augmented areas, the VFRGM becomes blurred, whilst the AG remains in focus.
Is that just on my system, or is it a more general problem?

Gerry Winskill

Phil Reynolds wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a problem with visibility whilst flying at altitude, which is shown
in the following screenshot :

http://www.philgwen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/VisProblem.jpg

As you can see, the visibility level cuts off abruptly, leaving a very
distinct ring around any terrain which juts above the upper level of the low
visibility.

Does anyone know whether this can be altered via FS settings to look more
realistic?

For info, my graphics card is an nVidia FX5200, 256MB, which has full
DirectX9 support, drivers are the latest from the nVidia website.

Cheers

Phil Reynolds