[jhb_airlines] Re: Visibility at altitude

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:30:56 -0000

I get that too but I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it.

The top of the haze layer in FS2004 is probably a little too well defined so
that when it is punctured by rising ground it leaves such a notable "rim".
In real life haze doesn't have such well defined a cut off height (except
when there is a temperature inversion) and so it merges more subtly with
adjacent land - more so if there is a wind blowing.

What I DO notice is a couple of sawn off clouds - something I've noticed
recently here and have worried that summat is going wrong on my system. I'm
glad it's not just me..

As to the haze maybe there's a fix in FSUIPC or elsewhere that can spread
the height band a bit. I know you can make clouds variable from the defined
height so possibly a similar option exists for haze..