[jhb_airlines] Re: Very Small

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:51:23 +0000

Last question.

Does Linux have a photo display capabillity, like Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:
Gerry

The Linux model will connect to Windows network OK.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Yesterday I noticed a small laptop type PC, in the window of our local PC purveyor. It's got a 7" screen and a keyboard. It's the Asus Eee 4Gb 701. Although it's available with Windows, the usual OS is Linux, of which I know not wot!

I'd guess most of the 4Gb would be grabbed by Windows so, first question, is the Linux OS less space greedy?

Next, could a Linux machine connect with this Windows based network, when at home?

The attraction of this Asus is part price but primarilly its size. It could disappear amongst the clothes, in a suitcase, rather than having to be dragged around as hand baggage.

On holiday the attraction is that it would allow me to look at and process photographs, having an inbuilt card reader. It's also about £150 cheaper than a dedicated photo storage and viewing device. It's also set up to connect to wireless setups.