[jhb_airlines] Re: Very Interesting

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:31:19 +0100

Hi Kev,
I knew about this, in fact I've got an early release of some of the fields on my system.
One of them contacted me, some months ago, to see whether I would be doing the gas terminals at places like Bacton and Barrow, to fit in with their Offshore project. In fact I'd already shied away those sites, since they aren't made up of the usual collections of refinery type units. At Bacton there are compressor house etc, plus other non standard equipment. Since covering them would involve all bespoke items, I didn't find tackling them at all attractive.
Having seen this group's initial work, I'm sure that was the right decision!
The level of detail is excellent BUT. It depends what each person seeks from this hobby; one of its major attractions. The splendidly detailed production platforms would be totally wasted on me, since I see them only passing over Liverpool bay, etc.
OTOH if your interest lies in flying helicopters then I'd guess this project is the bees' knees.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, the site is well worth a visit.

Gerry Winskill

gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Kev Townsend wrote:

This looks interesting!!