[jhb_airlines] Re: Vatsim/IVAO

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:46 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

CAP 413, the UK ATC 'Bible says, and I quote:
"When transmitting messages containing flight levels each digit
shall be transmitted separately. However, in an endeavour to
reduce ?level busts? caused by the confusion between some levels
(100/110, 200/220 etc.), levels which are whole hundreds e.g. FL
100, 200, 300 shall be spoken as ?Flight level (number)HUNDRED?.
The word hundred must not be used for headings."

Some VATSIM controllers do like to play God - there is one such
who mans Bristol frequently. I have fallen foul of him, and I am
a real world PPL!  However, VATSIM, the organisation, frowns on
this and tries to ensure its controllers are "nice to pilots".
<g>