[jhb_airlines] Re: VFR Flight Idea

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:49:18 +0100

It was OK until around Buxton, when the cloudbase started to lower. By Keighley it was looking iffy, over the higher ground ahead, so I headed for the lower ground, turning North again when I got to Ripon.

Fortunately I'd changed from my normal VFR habits and had FSC running, so I could have a look at the latest version. Although I didn't have a flightplan in it I was able to get a course to Rippon, when I chickened out.

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:
Not too bad our side? I've just spent two hours doing an estate survey with
council officials... I got soaked!