[jhb_airlines] Re: VFGM scenery/UK 2000 query

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:57:07 +0100

Thanks for the explanation, John. I've just become much more aware of the problem lately. The latest version of X-Plane can manage sloping runways, even runs VFGM, but no airport buildings or scenery or multiplayer.

Mike

Bones wrote:
Until MS give us the ability to create sloping runways we are going to have
to live with this.

Airfields have to be flattened so that the runways and taxiways don't
produce bouncing. The flatten produces a hardened surface. You can ignore
flattens for grass runways as these are naturally bouncy and this is what
Gerry has emulated so successfully in his private strip work.

Very few airfields are really flat so creating a flatten command is a
horrible necessity. The result is a plateau or a trough - this being worse
for airfields with a large vertical variation. Hopefully MS might start
looking at this in FS2006 - it's well overdue now.