[jhb_airlines] Re: VFGM scenery/UK 2000 query

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:59:52 +0100

Until MS give us the ability to create sloping runways we are going to have
to live with this.

Airfields have to be flattened so that the runways and taxiways don't
produce bouncing. The flatten produces a hardened surface. You can ignore
flattens for grass runways as these are naturally bouncy and this is what
Gerry has emulated so successfully in his private strip work.

Very few airfields are really flat so creating a flatten command is a
horrible necessity. The result is a plateau or a trough - this being worse
for airfields with a large vertical variation. Hopefully MS might start
looking at this in FS2006 - it's well overdue now.