[jhb_airlines] Re: VFGM for FSX

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:02:20 +0100

I've not looked at the GetMapping survey page for a while to see if the
Scottish shoot is complete yet. Maybe it still has gaps. It's about time
they looked at Northern Ireland too.

As both Horizon and JustFlight are getting data from the same source we
could end up with two nearly identical products coming out. Horizon's
terrain mapping is quoted as 4x that of VFR Terrain so my guess is that they
are using the radar imaging data rather than SRTM. I recall that Mally
played around with this as I had a short test area to look at - and it was
very good. If this came out for Scotland it would be rather stunning.