[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM, SquawkBox setup problems

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:58 +0100 (BST)

Frank - last night I looked specifically at that issue, and the
green light we are both refrring to comes on when a voice
connection is established, as you say. This happens when you
correctly tune the com radio to a manned ATC station which is
operating on voice and text.

I did come across one problem last night which could have had me
scratching my head for ages, but luckily I spotted it quickly.

I tuned my Goflight Com 1 radio to Liverpool Tower, but it was
clear (no green light <g>) that I wasn't connected. I checked the
frequency 126.35, which I know off by heart anyway, and then
switched on the radio panel in FS, which, having Goflight radios,
I almost never do.  I immediately spotted that the annunciator
panel at the top of the radio stack was set to Com 2.

Users of Goflight units beware!