[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM, SquawkBox setup problems

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 01:13 +0100 (BST)

A voice client called AVC was developed for vatsim about 2 years
ago. AVC cannot be used outside a running copy of SB2 (two) and
Flight Simulator.  AVC has now been built into SB3 (three).
Roger Wilco still works with Vatsim as an independent voice
client but is not needed. Servinfo development has been moribund
for the last two years, but is about to restart, so references to
RW will probably disappear. FSInn uses AVC but it is not built
in, but is a plug-in.

I have just been using RW again for a specific purpose - 2 pilots
flying one aircraft using FSNet http://www.gates.to .  Frank
Fisher (JHB188) and I have been carrying out tests using FSNet
with vatsim.  For both pilots to use the radio, the P2 pilot has
to use RW. (P1 uses SB3 as per normal).

For those patiently waiting for me to start my on line PPL
training sessions, we have almost got the FSNet thing cracked
now - it isn't particularly simple when firewalls are active -
and I'll be making a re-start fairly soon now.