[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM, SquawkBox setup problems

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:00:42 +0100

My problem with accessing www.vatsim.net has me completely baffled. The failure to connect (time-out) happens independently of browser, operating system and PC. Yet I can ping the IP address OK. And I know I used to visit this web site from time to time.

And what looks like a related problem - ServInfo cannot load VATSIM data - it cannot connect to usa-s1.vatsim.net. Here again I can ping the IP address OK.

I wondered about a firewall problem - but firewall settings relate to applications and the ports they use, not individual IP addresses. Or possibly the HOSTS file, which I use to block a lot of advertising sites - but nothing in that to indicate that I am inadvertently blocking VATSIM.

Any ideas anyone?

Mike L