[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM, SquawkBox setup problems

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:39:37 +0100

How does an aircraft qualify to become a red paper dart?
If, for instance, I'm flying my usual VFR session Lionceau APM20, which isn't on the VATSIM list, but specify a Cessna that is on the list, will I appear on everyone's screen as Cessna or Dart?

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:

you get a paper dart popping up instead

In my opinion this reduces SB3's displayoing other MP aircraft to farce in this respect, and I have said so forcibly on the SB3 forum (to no avail!). If you want to take screenshots of events of flying together etc, such as a recent Vatsim UK Air display event in which we took part, (and great fun it was too - there are pix of this on our web site), and one aircraft is unknown to SB3 the result is ruined. See http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/pictures_5.htm for examples of what I mean. They could certainly do better than that by having default model single prop, twin prop and jet aircraft at least.