[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM, SquawkBox setup problems

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:31:44 +0100

After your involuntary departure, I did an Island circuit. Since not too far from Scottish FIR, I tried a radio check with him. The situation was the same as your own, contact produced a Text Only message.
I then tried Irish Centre and had no problems though still, on my setup, not as clear as FPI.
During the setup of the voice channel I get a message which the manual says means there is a problem with background noise, or with mike quality. Neither have been a problem in the past.
Am I the only one with greyed out transmission key selector panels?

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Bones wrote:

The ASRC software is totally different as there isn't any obvious voice
options in it. There's a menu option for calibration and that's it. When I
connect I have no idea what voice server I have logged on to except by
checking ServInfo - which showed me on a completely different location that
all the other UK controllers.

I'll bet the settings are out of date as the file is still dated 2003 and
the only way to find out what has changed is to wade through two years of
forum postings.. :(