[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM JHB

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:33:20 +0100

I agree that it is indeed a shame that such a good system is so
underutilised. I looked earlier and there were three pilots and no
controllers on FPI but 273 pilots and 21 controllers on VATSIM. Of these
five were in the UK but they were all students. In fact one sent me a text
message (must get used to that as they can't talk to each other very well)
to ask how the heck I had a C1 rating. Looks like there are a lot of
students wanting to upgrade.

I wasn't actually active on VATSIM but I had to log in as a controller
because many ASRC functions don't work if you log in as OBS. I then had to
move because someone else wanted the APP position and they rightly kicked me
off as I wasn't working the aircraft. Trouble with VATSIM is that it's hard
to plug in somewhere quiet to test the software as it seems to attract
pilots!