[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM JHB

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:45:11 +0100

Thanks for your efforts there John. I kept wanting to give my Diamond 010 callsign when I flew VATSIM on Sunday - had to bite my tongue and remember to use G-MIKE.

I was about to join you at EGNS on VATSIM earlier this evening but you logged off just as I was about to log on. So I took my business to FPI to give EGSS_APP and EGTT_CTR something to do. It's sad to see only 4 ATC and 6 pilots on FPI and several hundred on the other two networks.

Mike L

Bones wrote:
I've had a good chat with the VATSIM UK guys today and sorted out a few
problems. Got voice working now but it's a pain in the backside. All
controllers seem to log into one of three voice servers and if they do they
can't talk to one another! They have to be on the same server to use
intercom - bloody daft. Voice is indeed Roger Wilco - ATC use either
rw.avsim.net or rw.liveatc.net. Apparently the 80.298.89.88 server is for
pilots only - but no-one mentions that in the ATC docs..

Right - back to more important matters. JHB has now been registered on
ServInfo as a VATSIM and FPI airline. Once that goes through you can use
your callsigns. You will know because you'll see the logo appear if you look
in VATSIM on ServInfo. As far as VATSIM goes they recognise anything as long
as it is in ServInfo.

The aircraft paints are a different matter and I'll have to talk to Ruth or
someone about that.

And I agree - RW voice quality is bloody awful.

bones

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net