[jhb_airlines] VATSIM JHB

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:20:12 +0100

I've had a good chat with the VATSIM UK guys today and sorted out a few
problems. Got voice working now but it's a pain in the backside. All
controllers seem to log into one of three voice servers and if they do they
can't talk to one another! They have to be on the same server to use
intercom - bloody daft. Voice is indeed Roger Wilco - ATC use either
rw.avsim.net or rw.liveatc.net. Apparently the 80.298.89.88 server is for
pilots only - but no-one mentions that in the ATC docs..

Right - back to more important matters. JHB has now been registered on
ServInfo as a VATSIM and FPI airline. Once that goes through you can use
your callsigns. You will know because you'll see the logo appear if you look
in VATSIM on ServInfo. As far as VATSIM goes they recognise anything as long
as it is in ServInfo.

The aircraft paints are a different matter and I'll have to talk to Ruth or
someone about that.

And I agree - RW voice quality is bloody awful.

bones

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net