[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:55 +0100 (BST)

I don't think I agree there, gerry.  If Meccano is the only tool
you have to fulfil a dream, then it is Meccano that you use. It
would be nicer if you had a lathe, but...

I built a number of small working model steam engines, including
a beam engine, in early adulthood, and always dreamed of having a
steam powered canal boat.  With the way canals are today, (too
many people with too few boat-handling skills) that dream has
faded.

I guess that's why I like flying - its the same as boating, but
the captains know what they are doing (allegedly).