[jhb_airlines] Re: VATSIM

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 00:34:03 +0100

This raises a good subject for further debate but I'll not go down this road
as it's been covered elsewhere.

Most authorities created their own phonetics and there are many for police,
telecoms, Army etc etc. Have a look at this page for just a few dozen of
them..

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/phonetic-alph/full/

Somehow, whilst Googling for this, it diverted me onto a page for Fermat's
last theorem:

http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/HistTopics/Fermat's_last_theorem
.html

Don't ask me how but that then wasted another hour...