[jhb_airlines] Re: Useful Freebie

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:20 +0100 (BST)

<Chuckle> I thought that as I wrote that message.  Truth is that in 2002 we
were being asked to provide 6 copies of O&M
manuals (which often ran to 25 or more 50mm binders).  In 2004 we were being
asked to provide 3 sets.  This new
contract, we are being asked to provide only 1 paper set, but 3 electronic
manuals.  Mind you, the punters like my
electronic manuals as they are interactive, with a few bells and whistles.
We spent almost £4K with prontaprint in financial year 2005/06 but only £1K
this year to date.  One of the pump
manufacturers says something like "We do not produce paper documentation any
more in the interest of the environment etc
etc.  so here is your electronic version." Also, we no longer ask other
suppliers for paper copies - "just send me a CD
or email me".
The adverse trend of more not less paper being generated in the computer age
MAY have peaked, but I won't take bets!  It
has in my bit of Chester anyway <g>.