[jhb_airlines] Re: Unsolicited Effect

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:25 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I could do with a complete idiots guide to installing Linux.  Where do I get it
for starters? Is it
easy to install?  How long will it take me to be up and running so that I can
earn money in it's
environment?  Can I still port documents across to Windows for my clients who
won't move I'm sure
(the Microsoft Monoliths of the water Supply Industry). Will it network with
windows machines on the
same LAN? Where can i get lots of valuable tools, such as automatic backups,
clip savers, Paintshop
Pro? What email clients are available and do they do proper message threading?
How does FS run - in
a windows emulator? And the Vatsim connection software? and....  My list is
endless, but a starting
point would be good.

I have a new virtually empty machine here, and it would be a golden opportunity
over the Christmas
holidays to set it up in parallel with Windows for a couple of months to see
how I got on.

I hate being told what to do by anybody, ATC excepted <g>, so I'm getting very
disturbed at these
MS trends. I'm not fussed on IE7 either.