[jhb_airlines] Re: Unicom

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 23:01 +0100 (BST)

> It happens though - as it does in real life - and you just
> learn as you =
> get
> older to keep RT as brief as possible. I try to keep
> transmissions down =
> less than five seconds - amazing what you can say in that time
> when you =
> sort
> out what you really want to say.
There is a growing trend on Vatsim, as more VFR traffic gets
involved, to try and give an entire flight plan and clearance in
one message, by the time you have written down the QNH, the
controller has gone several chapters past "squawk 0260", "after
departure turn.." and "report at.." Not realistic at all. RW
controllers give you it in mentally manageable chunks.