[jhb_airlines] Re: Unavailable Wednesday

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 04:10:51 EDT

paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Who  invented awards? Some patronising prat who wanted to make the rest  feel
inadequate presumably on the premise that they would "try" (ie work)  harder.
Meanwhile smarmy patronising git gets more productivity for very  little
outlay because getting an "award" is such an incentive.  It's a  corruption
of the "choose me" culture I so detested during sports day at  school.

I think they were thought up by people with a very high opinion of
themselves who felt the need to display this to the rest of the world.
Unfortunately
this practice has spread from show business, where its  perhaps understandable
amongst the "luvvies", to people IMHO who should know  better.

Perhaps it has its origins in our honours system, which also has its  critics.

Frank T.