[jhb_airlines] Unavailable Wednesday

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:17:49 +0100

Just to give advanced notice I'll not be available for Wednesday's FPI
session and it's not because of a preference for the World Cup Semi-Finals.
SWMBO has an award to pick up at the local college and my ears couldn't
withstand the bashing I'd get from opting out.  So it's an evening of the
Gwyneth Paltrow's for me.  "I'd like to thank my agent..."

Who invented awards? Some patronising prat who wanted to make the rest feel
inadequate presumably on the premise that they would "try" (ie work) harder.
Meanwhile smarmy patronising git gets more productivity for very little
outlay because getting an "award" is such an incentive.  It's a corruption
of the "choose me" culture I so detested during sports day at school.

...guess who was always left back. In my case it would have been left back
in the changing rooms if they could have got away with it!