[jhb_airlines] Re: [UKscenery2]Farm Strips (was Sh*ds)

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ukscenery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:51:30 +0000

Several restarts later and a version of Branscombe can be downloaded from the link below.
http://www.homepages.mcb.net/gwinsk/BRANSCOMBE.zip

Just plonk the unzipped .bgl files into any of your existing farm strip Scenery folders.

I'm sure it's not accurate, since there's no data available, except that the runway is 09/27 and, allegedly, 600 metres.
I can't see any way of getting even that short length in, oriented E W, so have stretched it beyond where there appear to be hedges. The original was too short for my specially modified short strip a/c. I can guess why it's been closed down, since there are reported to be two C152 and an Aeronica based there.
Innacurate thogh it most certainly is, it's a decent challenge and you'll need to cross the hedge at the absolute minimum speed, not waste ant space and get the brakes on.

The field is said to be 2 miles NW of Branscombe, which you can find on the quarter mill. In fact the field is marked, too. In case anyone is desperate, it has an NDB on 889.5.

The area is very attractive, which might compensate for the damage. Don't forget that overflying of any of the local villages is taboo.

Gerry Winskill

gwinsk@xxxxxxx