[jhb_airlines] Re: UK Airspace

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:08:50 +0100

I hope the happy ending is that they need to give you the box, so that you can debug the software...

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Bones wrote:

If I seem to have gone quiet on the panel rebuilding work it is for good
reason - I've had to put it to one side for now. I am currently involved in
yet another project for Kinetic in redesigning their software to look more
like a real radar interface.

You may remember that I mentioned the SBS receiver a few weeks ago. This is
an ADSB receiver that can pick up and plot real aircraft signals from Mode S
transponders. The original software was nothing much more than a blank
screen with coastlines on it but I am slowly improving this and it now has
all the UK airfields, navaids and fixes - and I am slowly working through
all the UK airspace boundaries too. The current work is on CTA's but I've
finished ATZ's and airways. Next are the CTR's, then Danger Areas and then
MATZ's. If I can get the data I'll also add holds, SID's, STAR's and IAP's.

Although I am trying to make the interface look like a real radar tube it is
turning out very similar to the FPI radar display. I hope that the data I am
using (which is directly from the CAA WGS84 database) could be used to
improve the FPI display. This is really quite good but there are a few
oddities on the display - many extra lines where they have forgotten to stop
the DRAW_TO command when moving on to drawing new airspace.

bones

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net