[jhb_airlines] Re: Turboprop Plit Thockens

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:27:53 +0100

This is an alternative way of flying a turboprop. The philosophy is that if
you leave engine power at 100% it remains at peak efficiency, stays at a
constant rpm (increases reliability) and is giving maximum output for
instant response. This is how it is used on C130's and probably other
military aircraft because it offers tactical advantages. The downside is
that at a constant 100% operation the fuel burn is horrific so only the
rich, famous and military usually operate like this. <g>

If you decide on this method of flying (fuel is cheap in FS) it has the
advantage that you come down to one lever operation. Once set at 100% the
power levers can be ignored, as can the Condition Levers. Everything is
controlled on prop rpm.

http://woodair.net