[jhb_airlines] Tuesday night session

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 05:31:36 +0100

A change of scenery this week to add a bit of variety to the evenings.
You all know Manchester now and so it is time to extend experience to
other areas.

This week I am going south and will open up Southampton for the evening.
It's not an overly long runway but it can accommodate ERJ145's with a
bit of caution so our jet enthusiasts should not feel limited by the
choice. It is ideal for the turboprop lovers and for VFR flights.

The location gives a few interesting options. There are plenty of
airfields nearby for VFR flyers so a number of short hops could be
possible rather than one long flight. For the TP or jet users the
airfield is within reach of a few European airports and a cross channel
flight is a possibility to consider.

As mentioned last week I'd like us all to connect using the same server
to see if it cures any connection or handover glitches. I suggest we all
use 217.172.179.54 for connection and stick with fsd.flightproject.de
for voice. Yep - I know that the voice software starts up automatically
when you fire up ATOC but you can quickly open the Voice program's
ConnectionBox, disconnect from COM1 (if already connected) and then
change the server data.

I'm not saying this will solve problems but it may help narrow down the
search by eliminating possibilities.

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net