[jhb_airlines] Re: Trees

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:05:16 +0000

If the place is covered in trees, then they are probably autogen, because there are only two on the field, in front of one of the hangars. I checked on Google earth and they are there. Also confirmed by a chap who keeps a Bell there; the one in the midst of the parked aircraft, on his alloted spot.. So, try turning yoy Autogen slider down and that should confirm that it's AG, when they disappear. Since he hasn't included any autogen it will, if it happens, suggest you haven't got Horizon coverage of the area enabled. It was designed specifically for Horizon and probably says so on the tin. If you have Horizon installed AND its autogen then it could be VFR Addons AG, though I don't know of any for Biggin.

Since you have my Farm Strips you will alraedy have RWY12 objects and textures, even if only in FS9. All I did was copy the contents of my FS9 StaticObjects Libray's Scenery and Texture folders into their FSX counterparts.

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Talking of trees, just loaded TM's EGBK file, and I cannot see the field for trees!!

They are everywhere, on the aprons, taxiways etc.

Disabled the trees.bgl, made no difference.

Mind you, they looked good, all different types.

Think I had better go back to the default and check it out.

TM also talks about Runway 12 files, there are a couple in Avsim. but how do I install them.

FF