[jhb_airlines] Re: Tonite

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:51:35 +0100

No probs, Frank.  Hope I wasn't too informal for you under the circs!

Was a bit puzzled by the other pilot whom I followed from EGGD to EGBJ. At Bristol he corrected John - a tad sharply, I thought - for referring to 26 instead of 27. Then at Gloucestershire he warned me that 900+ metres might be a bit short for landing a C172. Yet he went on to ask what QNH and QFE are, and he seemed surprised that my landing left a fair bit of runway unused and asked me what my landing speed was.

Mike L

franklyn fisher wrote:
Mike

Sorry to be a bit formal, but I had my SUPP/Instructor listening in on channel, so had to be careful what I said.

But thanks for flying in to John and myself.

I do need the R/T practise.

FF