[jhb_airlines] Re: Tonite?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:30:49 +0100

I didn't notice. Too busy trying to remember to say "Mike Romeo Yankee" after years of saying "Golf Romeo Yankee". Must do something really clever, like writing it out and sticking it above the monitor.

You'd need a bigger piece of paper!

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

Just take comfort in the fact that nobody does it right Fred.

Tonight's little session showed me just how horribly rusty I was too with a
few aircraft on frequency. Sometimes I would get halfway through an
instruction - something I've said thousands of times in the past and is
automatic to me - when I found I couldn't recall the end of that sentence
and had to make something up. Age, memory and lack of busy traffic is the
reason for this rustiness - but it will come back. It must have sounded
awful tonight though.