[jhb_airlines] Re: Tonite

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:09 +0100 (BST)

> I hate auto installers!
When I abandoned my all in one scenry because load times for FS9 were
extending to 15 minutes, I just copied all the FS main scenery and addon
scenery folders across to my new PC from my old one and manually
installed each set one by one from the Scenry Library option in FS. It
took a while - all the VFGM and UK2000 stuff plus all my other bits and
pieces.

FS load time to the "select flight" menu is now 21 seconds and having
selected my flight it takes 55 seconds to put me in charge of an aircraft.
Maybe there's a lesson somewhere.

One snag I have noticed is that I get more blurries than I used to on my
old PC but I think that might need an FS.cfg tweak (which I've forgotten).
Gerry?  help?