[jhb_airlines] Re: Tonight's Session

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:53:38 +0000

Hi Gerry,

My crashes aren't limited to this aircraft, I have a SATA HDD which is on its way out very quickly (response times of up to 1 second!) and frequent overheats, this is all I believe is causing my crashes. However I can't afford to replace the HDD until the January sales so I'm hoping it'll hold on till then!

Glad you like the aircraft, she really is a beauty and so close to a low slung GA aircraft that it is uncanny. One of the touches I like is in the VC the keys hanging from the dash sway with the rumble of the engine.

One thing I will say is the GPS clickspots are far too fiddly for steady use, but that may just be because I'm running on a monitor with only 16" viewable, I'm told by several developers that 19" is considered the norm these days and that is what they design for. I must be behind the times!

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Hi Alex,
Got it and installed; though I think I may have the same problem as you.

On my non flying PC I was involved in modifying the panel, for displaced monitor panel use, when FS9 crashed. It did this several times, after which I gave up.
I turned to flying the 200GT, as is, from EGAC to Ronaldsway, on my FSim PC. Part way down the track and an FS9 lockup, with TaskMaster showing it not to be responding.

It's a bit close to your experience last night to be beyond coincidence.

Having said that, it's a very nice aircraft indeed! Not just the excellent eye candy, like the warning tapes on the locks and covers, fluttering in the wind, plus the head turning pilot. It's one of the few light a/c I've used where the descent can be controlled just on the throttle, once speed has been stabilised with the trim. At a blustery Ronaldsway it was easy to carry out a manual ILS to 26, despite its bumping about realistically..

I may copy over the engine intruments, to the area where the  gyro / suction gauge currently sits. From the look of the gauges it should be OK in FSX also.

Thanks for the lead.

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

Hi Gerry,

This is the one:

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Trinidad.html

A right little cracker - feels like a proper GA aircraft, very easy to fly by the book. Absolutely perfect for VFR events like last night. A true tourer (the 21GT can cruise at FL250 and 190kts)

'tis payware but very much worth the money, certainly on par with Carenado's stuff and alot cheaper.

All the best,

Alex
Gerry Winskill wrote:

What aircraft download was G-CBHA Tobago?

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

Thanks for that Gerry!

Will download in the morning.

For those who want to see some screenies, take a look here:

http://board.pilot-club.com/showthread.php?tid=207&pid=804#pid804

ATB,

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:

To get the Le Touquet scenery I was using, go to Avsim library and search on LFAT.zip.

Enjoyed the flights.